Thursday, April 2, 2009

Class Blog 3/31/09

Comment: I really enjoyed seeing how everyone implemented critical literacy into their classrooms.  I want to try out the Stephanie's lesson in my room.  I think my kids would get a lot out of it.  I am planning on reading When the Emperor Was Devine since it sounded like a great book and I really enjoyed A Heart Divided.

Connection:  Megan's project with her students was really cool!  I remember doing something like that during my freshman year of high school and it was a memorable activity.  I think we had to do a counter commercial to one on T.V. 

Question: Is there a place to find a list of books dealing with socio-political issues?  Anyone have recommendations?  I've found some to add to the library at my school, but am looking for many more. 

1 comment:

MV said...

Hi Katie,
My book Gettin Beyond (you have that one) has a bunch of annotated lists so you can check that out. Also if you google Jerome C. Harste and go to his homepage you'll find a couple of book chapters that include a series of book lists.