Thursday, February 26, 2009

Social Action Project Ideas

I've been thinking awhile about what I would like to do for my social action project.  I've come up with a few ideas. 

1) A girls group that would meet after school that would focus on healthy body image, nutrition, positive peer relationships, and exercise.  I've noticed that a lot of fifth and sixth grade girls have an unhealthy body image, which I think is greatly influenced by the media.  Of course, this would have to be approved by my administration before I would be able to do anything like this.  

2) I am science lead teacher for grades 4-6 at my school.  I was trying to think of something that I could do involving the science curriculum.  I was thinking of having a fun science night that promotes scientific thinking and critical thinking.  

In my thinking I also did some searching on the internet.  While doing that I came across this book, http://www.amazon.com/Kids-Guide-Social-Action-Choose/dp/1575420384/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1235685642&sr=1-1  that I think would be a great read on this subject! :)

1 comment:

vismaya said...

thanks.great ideas.keep posting