Sunday, September 21, 2008

Just As Long As We're Together

The young adult book by Judy Blume, Just As Long As We're Together, is a book that made a difference in my life.  I remember the first time I discovered this book.  I was in fourth grade at Montgomery Elementary School in Cincinnati, Ohio.  My family had just moved and it was my first week at yet another new school.  The yellow cover grabbed my attention and I pulled the book off of a display case in the front of my school library.  I read the back and thought that it sounded like an interesting book, plus I loved all books by Judy Blume.  I started reading the book when I got home from school and was completely engrossed in the story.  The story is about three twelve year old girls growing up and experiencing boys, body changes, hardships with family and friends, and how important friendship is. I was able to relate with the main character, Stephanie, because she had so many changes happening in her life at the same time.  Since I had just moved someplace new, I was able to relate to this too.  I continued to check out the book over and over again until I had my own copy, which I still own to this day.  

No comments: