Sunday, September 21, 2008

First Encounter With A Children's Book

Every night before I went to bed my dad would read a book t0 me (and sometimes two or three if I was persuasive enough!). It was one of my favorite parts of the day and something that I cherish to this day.  While I don't remember the specific book that was my first encounter, I do remember the series The Berenstain Bears.  I would go to my bookshelf each night and select which book in the series I was in the mood for.  My favorites being The Berenstain Bears and Too Much TV, The Berenstain Bears and the Trouble with Chores, and The Berenstain Bears Forget Their Manners. There always seemed to be a book in this series to read about what issue or experience I was having during my childhood.  I'm sure this is why many children loved (and still love) this series.  My dad would then read the book to me, while using specific voices for each character.  This really made the experience much more memorable and special.  

No comments: